Investor Relations Associate Level (Mumbai)
Investor Relations is a cross-over between consultancy/advisory (i.e. engaging with promoters and CFOs directly); hard analysis (knowing the client and the industry in which they are better than they do); and being well-networked to achieve results (having a links within the buy and sell sides globally). Obviously one isn’t born with all these set of skills at once. This is cultivated by being in the industry for years. As a career, it can be highly rewarding and satisfying, as one is in the centre of where the actions is dealing with real stakeholders and decision makers with an opportunity to create impact directly; and beyond staring at screens all day running numbers. In short, it’s a rare breed of people that truly understand the role and make it their mission in life.
This job is based out of Mumbai, and for your benefit, here is the Job description in a bit more detail:
- Experience 1-3 years
- ONLY CAs/CFAs and/or MBA from a reputed B school MAY APPLY
- Excellent communication skills in English is mandatory
- This is NOT a pure equity research role. It is an investor relations role which involves both research and one-to-one interactions with top management and investors
- however, equity research and/or equity Sales experience is preferred – from sell side/buy side, private equity, investment banking etc.
- Manage Investor Relations of client accounts
- Prepare financial models that can aid sell and buy side firms
- Prepare Presentations and articulate the Business Model and Investment Case clearly
- Research and analyse public companies and their peers
- Perform various types of financial analysis to benefit your and client’s understanding of its position within the marketplace
- Make professional level presentations to senior investor community
- Perform various types of analyses, reports, logs, etc as a daily hygiene
- Strong financial modelling, excel skills, and powerpoint skills necessary
- This position involves interacting with clients at the CFO, CEO and promoter levels, requiring confidence and emotional maturity/finesse.
If this job profile interests you, and you think you have the right qualities to make a mark in this space, then we would like to hear from you.